Guidelines for New Accounts:
- Potential new accounts are considered Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and are handled on a first come, first serve basis.
- We do not accept consignments on Sundays. (No exceptions)
- New accounts must stay in the store while a staff member reviews their items. Please set aside enough time for you to stay as wait time varies on a daily basis.
- Clothing must be clean, flawless, and ready to sell in a flat bottom box, paper bag, basket or on hangers. NO TRASH BAGS.
- A maximum of 30 items can be considered for first time consignors, no extras. Shoes, handbags and accessories will be included in the 30 item limit.
- No inexpensive labels nor counterfeit handbags or garments will be accepted. It is a felony to resell counterfeit items.
If we find at least $100 worth of resale value, the account will be opened, all policies will be explained in person, and merchandise will be checked into your account. What merchandise will be accepted and how it will be priced is determined by the staff of Finders Keepers. If you agree with the policies, you will be asked to fill out and sign a contract.
Consignor Splits are based on the actual selling price of the item and are as follows:
$1-$49: 40% consignor/60% store $50-$99: 45% consignor/55% store $100-Up: 50% consignor/50% store
Annual Membership, which includes online access for your account, is $12. This amount is deducted from your account with the first drop off of the calendar year.
The consignment period is 90 days. Unsold items are subject to donation after the 90th day and become property of Finders Keepers after the 100th day. Consignor may pick up items without penalty between the 25th and 90th day of the consignment contract. Items picked up within the first 25 days will incur a fee of 25% of the consigned value of the items picked up. Any consignor wanting unsold items is responsible for pulling those items themselves before the consignment period is up. The staff of Finders Keepers is not available to look for or pull any merchandise for return to the consignor. Finders Keepers is not responsible for any consigned merchandise that is lost, damaged or stolen.
Consignments are accepted Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. and consignors may drop off once a day.
Established consignors (those with an account) must fill out the desired form for the merchandise they are bringing for consignment each time and choose between our 2 options:
1. Drop & Run: Consignor may drop off up to 50 items. Items are assessed and checked in as time allows. Merchandise deemed unacceptable for resell at Finders Keepers for any reason is donated to charity. No tax receipt is given.
2. Stay & Wait: Consignor may bring up to 25 items. Items will be assessed at that time and unaccepted merchandise returned. Accepted merchandise will be processed in to inventory as time allows. Important: if a major flaw or damage is found in any item at any time during the consignment period, the item will be donated to charity and will not be available for return.
Payment: Consignor may pick up money on their account anytime during regular business hours. Cash is given for amounts under $50 and a check will be written for amounts over $50. Consignment checks are printed and mailed every month for accounts with a balance of $75 or more during the first week of each month. The mailing fee is $2.00. It is your responsibility to keep your address current with Finders Keepers. If any check from Finders Keepers is not cashed or deposited within 13 months of issuance it is null and void and the funds are forfeited. Please deposit your checks right away to avoid this. You have the option to not have checks mailed to you if you prefer to retrieve your funds in person. Let us know of your preference regarding mailing of checks.
Online Access: Our consignment software includes Online Consignor Access, where you can check your balance and monitor your items at any time. Items are listed individually in your account so you can see what has sold and what is approaching expiration. Upon starting your account, you will receive an email from Office@Traxia.com please open it and follow the prompts to set up your online account access. Online access is a good tool to keep up with your account and know when a check has been mailed to you and our message board will alert you to any changes or information you need to know.
We have a large database of consignors and cannot make exceptions to any of our policies. We must be very selective in the merchandise we accept for consignment, so please do not be offended if your items are not accepted. We rely on years of experience to know what will sell to our customers. Our consignment partnership is based on mutual respect. Any consignor who becomes adversarial with the staff of Finders Keepers will have their consignment account closed. Thank you for your interest in Finders Keepers and we look forward to doing business with you!
Thank you for your interest in Finders Keepers. We look forward to doing business with you! We do not consign children’s or junior’s clothing. We accept business casual at our sister store on 84 N. Avondale RD, and we accept furniture or home goods at our store located on 2853 E. College Avenue.